NPAFE provides certainty to corporate sponsors in each key area of concern that corporate marketers have when deciding how to allocate their sponsorship budgets.
- Does the property offer the imagery we are trying to establish? Yes!
- Is it a lifestyle with which we want to be associated? Yes!
- Is the property bigger than any sponsor? No.
- Will it be possible to impose our brand’s personality on the sponsorship? Yes!
- Are the cosponsors companies with which we want to be associated? Yes!
- Who is the property’s core audience and what are the group’s buying habits? Middle income/upscale; disposable income
- Does the audience feel a strong sense of ownership/identification with the property or is it a more casual relationship? Strong sense of ownership
- What is the extended reach of the property? On-site spectators? Beyond: parents, teachers, media, governments, major and regional venues, grantors, foundations
- TV viewers? Year-round members? Yes to both, e.g. Kennedy Center Millennium Stage!
- What geographic market(s) does it impact? Local/Regional/National depending on sponsor option chosen
Ability to incent retailers
- Can we offer retailers a tie-in that builds store traffic? Yes!
- Can we create multiple promotions around the sponsorship so that each of our retailers in a market can have a distinct program? Yes!
Ability to leverage
- Is there an opportunity for multi-brand involvement? Yes!
- Can we conduct cross-promotions with cosponsors? Yes!
- Can we integrate the sponsorship into our existing promotional campaigns? Strongly!
- Can we use “star performers” in our ad campaigns or promotions? Varies/Possible
- Does the opportunity occur during a time we would like extra visibility? Yes!
- What is the property’s promotional time frame…Is it relevant year-round, each season or just once? All
- Are there opportunities for product sampling and display? Varies
- Is the property appealing – in a positive way – to the media? Yes!
- Can it draw broadcast and print coverage? Yes!
- Can we get our presence recognized? Yes!
- Can the property attract a network or cable TV broadcast? Varies
- Will our signage show up on the TV broadcast? Yes!
- Are the areas of category exclusivity offered broad enough? Yes!
- Can we take a position with all properties within the entire sector, thereby locking out our competition, or will the expense or existing deals prohibit this? Yes!
- Is the property already saturated with sponsors? No!
- Is it already identified with another company in our field? No!
- What are the opportunities for ambush? For example, can we be the category exclusive advertiser in the program book? Yes!
- Can our product be worn/used while participants compete/perform? Varies
- Is our product key to the successful staging of the event? Varies
- Does the property lend credibility to our product with hard-core fans, insiders and the media? Yes!
Ability to impact consumer sales
- Can we design promotions around our activity that directly involve product purchase? Yes!
- Does the hospitality component have strong appeal to our key clients? Varies
- Can the sponsorship gain additional distribution outlets for our products? Possibly
- What is the value of on-site sales rights? Varies
- Does the sponsorship give our marketing pitch a relevant point of difference? Yes!
- Does the property deliver a wider audience than we need? Are we paying for more than we need, such as elaborate VIP hospitality? No!
- What is the relationship between the cost of sponsorship and the value received? High
- How does the sponsorship’s cost compare with that of similar properties? Very Low
- Could we achieve the same results more cost-effectively through other media? Doubtful!
- Do we have the budget to promote our involvement properly? Depends on sponsor budget
- Does the property lend itself to measurement? Yes
- Does it conduct regular surveys or tracking studies on which we could piggyback? Often Yes!
Continuity/ability to extend
- Does the sponsorship have the potential to be long term? Yes!
- Is it something we can build on? Yes!
- Can we roll it out to other markets? Yes!
- Does the property contain spinoff opportunities? Yes!
Ease of administration
- Are we buying into a logistical nightmare? No!
- Can organizers deliver what they promise? Yes!
- Do we have the staff to properly administer the sponsorship? Sponsor driven, likely yes (low person-hour requirement)
- Do we have the support/approval of internal management? Sponsor driven
- Is the rightsholder responsive to sponsor needs? Yes!
- Does the rightsholder have a credible track record? Yes!
- Will the rightsholder work with us to capitalize on the sponsorship, e.g., by initiating cross-promotions? Yes!